A tall redhaired german moving to Madison, Wisconsin? Now that could develop into an interesting story, ay?! Any resemblance of the blog title to movie titles is fully intentional :)

Friday, February 29, 2008

Lately ...

... I haven't been in a very good mood ... which is also why I didn't post nothing new here. Because today my mood is exceptionally bad and nothing seems to make sense, I will not write much but post pictures mainly. You get the picture *harhar*

Christmas and New Years was actually nice once I decided that I tried hard enough contacting and meeting my "friends" back in Konstanz, who never seem to make much of an effort to get in touch with me (with exceptions of course ... hello Nina and Kresi, maybe you don't contact me, but at least you are almost always available).
I spent most of my time in Frankfurt anyway, with Nadine. For New Years two friends of Nadine came to Frankfurt ... it didn't quite turn out the way we expected but I am not gonna elaborate on it.
I also had an interview at a chemical company close to Osnabrueck but got rejected because they felt like I would have a hard time adapting because I never had done polymer chemistry before. Looking back I don't really understand why I was invited because from my CV it is obvious that I never did polymer chemistry ... so wtf? Thanks for stealing 2 days from me and Nadine!

Old Opera House in Frankfurt.

Panorama from a bridge across the Main river.


Random things from the last months: we got more snow. It got quite cold quite frequently (amazing, huh?). Annie got her PhD and is now living in San Diego (envy!). My car died. I visited Tom G. down in Charleston, SC.
Spending a couple of days in Charleston with Tom was a nice trip, but coming back into snow, ice, freezing rain ... winter in general was a let-down.

Shelly sells sea shells at the sea shore. At the sea shore Shelly sells sea shells.

Beach panorama (stitch assistant screwed up on right part).

Dumbass with beer and a bucket ... other dumbass (invisible) taking the foto.

Dawn.

Panorama at the Charleston Battery feat. the incredible Thomas G.

Shem Creek: drink beer, eat "roasted oysters" at the icehouse, watch pelicans and dolphins.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dumbass with beer and a bucket...
what was the bucket for?
better we don't know.
looks like you've been making good use of the new camera. maybe you ought to visit san diego until spring arrives in madison. that's in august, right? har de har-har.
we hope to see you soon in DE!

chris and maja

2:26 PM

 
Blogger Daniel said...

bucket was for roasted oysters ...
actually I will be doing a trip in CA, NV, UT, AZ in june ... so "har-har" at you!

6:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looking forward to the pics...of your massive sunburn! sounds like a great road trip, quite the antidote for madison winters.

3:44 PM

 
Blogger Daniel said...

survived Oz without massive sunburns ... to old to be stupid ... and a history of melanoma in my family adds to the paranoia ... call me a postmodern vampire: I don't drink blood but shy away from sunlight ;)

9:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home